To access your KRA iTax login Portal account, you will need to have your KRA pin number and password. If you have forgotten your KRA pin number you will be required to visit KRA offices in your neighbourhood or the Huduma centre near you.
To access to KRA iTax login page follow this link KRA login Website
Forgot KRA Password or want to unlock your KRA iTax Login Portal Account
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking on ‘Forgot Password/Unlock Account’ link below the tabs. For you to find that link you have to type your correct pin number and click ‘continue‘
Another page will appear. Just click on the forgot password/unlock account link. This will land you to a new forgot password portal.
Here you will find a security stamp question. Fill all the required fields and submit the data.
An email from KRA will be sent to you. It will contain your log in details including a new password. Use this new password to login to your account.
After you log in, make sure you change your password and enter your new security question plus the answer. This new password should be unique, personal and secret and easy to remember. It should have not less than eight characters that are alpha-numeric ie (should contain letters with both upper and lower cases, numbers and special characters)
Forgot KRA Email or want to change your KRA Email Address in your KRA Portal
Have you forgotten your email address? or has your email been compromised or your email is no longer accessible? (e.g you had registered KRA using your former employer’s company email). Worry no more! You can now change your email address on KRA portal.
How to change your KRA Email Address in your KRA Portal
1. To change your KRA email address, log in to your KRA Portal click on the Registration Tab.
2. Click on the Amend PIN Details and a new window opens.
3. The e-amendment of registration form will open. Click to open the online form. Check the box beside the PIN field to view all the editable sections. All the amendable fields will be shown, Tick the Checkbox with the basic information part
5. Click on the Principal Contact details and type your new KRA email address.
6. Click on the submit icon. You will receive a notification you that you have entered a new KRA email as the main email address on iTax Portal.
7. Click the OK button.
8. You will get a notification confirming the finalization of the KRA email address change in the KRA Portal.
9. After the KRA Personnel verifies and approves the KRA email change, an email will be sent to you with a downloadable PIN certificate with the updated email address.
KRA P9 form Download – KRA iTax Returns form
The KRA P9 Form is the form that is given to you by your employer. It shows how you have been paying all your PAYE for the whole financial year. So, depending on your company structure, visit your Human Resource Officer (HR) for your KRA P9 Form copy.
KRA P9 Form indicates all taxes on basic salary, allowances, benefits, bonuses, grants, etc.
This is the form that contains the information that you will be used to fill the KRA iTax Returns form online.
To download the KRA P9 Form from your Ghris Payslip Portal and your TSC Payslip Portal CLICK HERE
KRA iTax login portal: KRA website portal – iTax Kenya portal
You can access the KRA itax portal using this link …. KRA online portal
Income tax, Returns, online, Forms download, Compliance Certificate, TCC, Pin Checker, Withholding Tax, Video
The KRA iTax Returns procedure below is for employees and staff with employment income. i.e. Individuals who will be issued with KRA P9 Form by their employers.
Watch the video tutorial below on the step by step procedure of how to file your KRA iTax Returns Online in itax.kra.go.ke Portal for employees with Employment Income
The process is quite simple nowadays. All you need to have is a KRA P9 Form from your employer. Then
1. Visit the KRA iTax online portal website at https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
2. At the KRA iTax portal login page enter your KRA Pin number, password and the answer to the security question
3. After login in, go to returns tab and click ‘ITR for Employment income Only‘
4. Then in the new window, fill all the fields marked with an asterix (*) in section A. Click next.
5. In section ‘T’ for Tax computation only two items are necessary if your employer has correctly submitted your taxes,
6. Defined Pension Contribution (Total pension contributed by the employee)
7. Personal relief for the whole year which should be to a maximum of Ksh. 13944. Click Next.
8. In section ‘F’ Details of employment Income, scroll yo the bottom of the page and confirm if as per the p9 form, the Gross pay is correctly entered. You can click on modify if your employer returned for less than 12 months. Click next.
9. In section ‘M’ – Details of PAYE deducted at source from salary – confirm that all the details indicated with an asterix (*) are correctly indicated as per what is given in the P9 form. You can modify if necessary. Click next.
10. in Section ‘Q1’ – Details of income tax paid in advance – Fill in the details if they are applicable to you. This is the last step of the return. Click ‘Submit’.
11. Download the copy of the submitted returns for safekeeping.
KRA iTax Returns – KRA income tax returns online on KRA iTax system
To file back KRA iTax Returns every year is a right and an obligation of every adult citizen in Kenya who has registered for KRA pin number.
Watch the video tutorial below on How to file KRA Nil Returns Online
How to file KRA iTax Returns Online in Kenya
Before filing back your KRA iTax Returns online, you require the following documents
1. Employer information for the employed individuals
2. Employer’s PIN if you’re employed
3. Financial Statements
4. Insurance Premium Certificate/ PIN of Underwriter/Mortgage interest certificate
5. Withholding tax certificates where applicable
6. KRA iTax Returns P9 form
7. Any other documents relating to income you received or deductions you need to claim
How to fill KRA iTax Returns forms Online
- Visit the KRA iTax online portal website at https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
- At the KRA iTax portal login page enter your KRA Pin number, password and the answer to security question
- Click on ‘e-Returns’ or hover on ‘Returns’ on the navigation bar and click on ‘File Returns’
- Select the type, Enter your taxpayer’s PIN and select the Tax obligation applicable to you before clicking on ‘Next’
- The next page will walk you through the filling process. Basically, you just need to click on the links provided to either download the KRA iTax Returns form in Excel or ODS
- Fill out all the applicable areas in the downloaded tax returns form and save your document in your computer.
- You need to enable macros to be able to ‘Validate’ and Zip your File.
- Return to the page and select the period for which you are filling the returns, upload the zipped filled out iTax Returns form, agree to the terms and select ‘Submit’.
- When asked whether you would like to upload the file, click on ‘OK’
How to submit KRA iTax Returns online / How to file KRA iTax Returns on iTax system
First you need to login into the system then go to the KRA iTax Returns tab and select file return and download the return. You need to fill the KRA iTax Returns offline before you generate a zipped file that you will upload.CHECK THIS OUT
MACROS are inbuilt formulae in Excel that should be enabled once you download the return so that you can be able to fill in the details of the return. Enabling MACROS is on the read me section of the return and it gives you a step by step guide depending on the Excel version you have.
If you have a KRA pin and you have nothing to file back you will need to file back nil returns. All you need to do is go to your iTax profile, Returns, and select the nil return option and submit.
The Government of Kenya has mandated that any person above the age of 18 years should acquire an Identity Card which will enable him/her to apply for the very important KRA pin. Even College and University students are required to apply for the KRA iTax Pin in order to be advanced the HELB loan. He/she is also obligated to file back the KRA itax returns every year.
The deadline for filing back KRA iTax Returns is on 30th June of the following year. For example if you are filing returns for the year ended 31st December, 2017, the deadline will be 30th June, 2018.
KRA Pin Application – Step by step procedure of how to Register for KRA Tax PIN online Using KRA website www.itax.kra.go.ke
- Access the KRA iTax login Portal – e-Registration Function: Visit https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/, click New PIN
Registration select Taxpayer Type option from the drop down i.e Individual – Personal, Student, Employee, Entrepreneurs and Non-Individual – Company, Trust, Club. Select Mode of Registration option; Online Form, click Next
- A_Basic_Information: Fill in the applicant’s details such as National ID Number/Business Registration Certificate Number, Physical Address, Postal Address, Contact Details, Bank Account Details etc
- B_Obligation_Details: Check in the box for the tax option applicable i.e. Income Tax, Value Added Tax and Enter the registration date for the first time you applied for each applicable taxation option.
- C_Source_Income_Details (Individual Taxpayer option): Select the sources of income applicable i.e. Employment Income, Business Income, Rental Income
- D_Director_Associates (Non-Individual Taxpayer option): Fill in Company’s Director’s details as registered on Individual Taxpayer iTax Account such as PIN, Physical Address, Postal Address
- E_Agent_Details: Enter details of authorized Tax Agents who can submit information to the Kenya Revenue Authority on your behalf. If you don’t have then leave it blank.
Watch the video tutorial below of How to register for KRA Pin, print and download KRA Pin Online
Kenya Revenue Authority – KRA Contacts, KRA offices Location, KRA address
Times Tower, Haile Selassie Avenue,
P.O.Box 48240 – 00100 GPO Nairobi
Tel: 020-310300, 020-281000
Call Center details Tel: 020-4999999,020-4998000
KRA Pin Application: How to get KRA Pin certificate – KRA Pin Certificate Download, KRA Pin certificate printing
When you successfully submit your information, iTax Portal will display, “Registration Application has been Submitted Successfully” Your new PIN will be displayed on the screen and you will also be to see a link labeled “Click here to download PIN certificate” that will allow you to download your new KRA PIN and print.
Watch the video tutorial below of How to update KRA Tax details in KRA iTax Portal, How to edit and review
KRA iTax Login system
iTax is a system that has been developed by KRA to replace the current KRA Online system.
KRA Tax Returns deadline
KRA iTax Forms Download
You can download these forms from this link
- T.CC 1 – Tax Compliance Certificate Application Form
- Application Form for Amnesty for Citizens in Diaspora
- I.T.1 – Individual Income Tax Returns
- I.T.1 – Non-Resident Individual Returns
- I.T.2C – December Cases Returns
- I.T.2P – Partnership Returns
- List of PAYE Forms Used by Employers
- User Guide for Filing Individual Returns Online.
KRA Pin Checker – Kenya Revenue Authority Pin Checker
The PIN Checker allows you to confirm whether or not a particular PIN is genuine.
A genuine PIN is generated by the KRA – Domestic Taxes Department System and is in Active status.
The Information provided by the PIN Checker is limited to basic details of the taxpayer.
To check whether a particular pin is genuine or not please click here KRA iTax Pin Checker
KRA TCC Checker – KRA Tax Compliance Certificate Checker
The Tax Compliance Certificate Checker allows you to confirm the validity of a Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC).
By entering a genuine TCC Number, the system will generate and display the PIN, Name of the Holder and the TCC status.
Please enter your TCC Number using the format KRAXXXXXXXXXXX e.g. KRA10041212012. in the input box found in this link Verify your Tax compliance Certificate
KRA Withholding Tax Certificate Checker – How to confirm the validity of Withholding Tax Certificate – WHT
The Withholding Tax Certificate Checker allows you to confirm the validity of a Withholding Tax Certificate (WHT).
By entering a genuine Withholding Tax Certificate Number, the system will generate and display the PIN, Name of the Holder and the WHT status. To verify a Withholding Tax Certificate, Click Here
KRA Status of Application Checker – How to verify the status of an Application
After you have applied online for a certain service at the Kenya Revenue Authority-KRA, you can track the progress of how it is being processed at their offices.
To consult status of your applications, Click Here
KRA VAT Withholding Tax Agent Checker – WHT – How to identify an authorised KRA VAT Withholding Tax Agent
The Agent Checker allows you to identify authorized KRA Withholding VAT Agent. This functionality provides the details of registered pay points as well.
A genuine Withholding VAT Agent and its registered Pay Points are authorized by KRA-Domestic Taxes Department System and are in Active Status.
VAT WHT Agent Checker To verify Witholding VAT Agent, Click Here
Watch the video tutorial below of how to search the KRA iTax Pin Checker – KRA Portal Pin Checker
How to apply for KRA Tax compliance certificate – TCC
Watch the video tutorial below this post on the step-by-step procedure of How to apply for KRA iTax compliance certificate – TCC
These are the steps you follow when applying for KRA iTax tax compliance certificate online using the ITax System in the KRA iTax Login portal
- Visit the KRA iTax website https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
- Login to your KRA account by typing your KRA iTax pin number, password and the security stamp
- Click on ‘Certificates’ tab then select ‘Apply for Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC)’
- On the new window type the reason why you are applying for the TCC and click ‘Submit’
- You will be taken to a new window written ‘Application for tax compliance certificate has been submitted successfully’. You will be prompted to download the acknowledgement receipt for the Tax Compliance Certificate.
- At the bottom of the downloaded acknowledgement receipt you will be told
Note: Dear Taxpayer, your application for Tax Compliance Certificate has been received by us through KRA
front desk. This application will be forwarded to the concerned area officer for further processing. Please follow
the instructions given in the email and produce necessary documents.
So access your email after a few days
- After the few days wait you may receive a regret written “Rejection of Application for Tax Compliance Certificate”
Dont Panic, you can contact KRA using these contacts KRA Call Centre
Tel:+254 (020) 4999 999+254 (020) 4998 000
Cell: +254 (0711) 099 999
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/KRACustomerCare
Like the KRA Customer Care Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/kra
- Or you can receive another email with an approval one as below
The email will come with your Tax Compliance Certificate attached to it. Download it and print it. The certificate will look like this