Avril Nyambura Biography
Avril Nyambura’s full name is Judith Nyambura Mwangi. She was born on 30 April 1986 in Nakuru County, Kenya. Avril is a Kenyan singer-songwriter, actress and entertainer.
Avril has several songs to her name namely;
- “Kitu Kimoja”
- “Hakuna Yule”
She has featured in several hits namely;
- Colonel Mustapha’s “Mtaani dot com” in 2009.
- A.Y’s single “Leo Remix” in 2010.
- Sudanese singer Lam’s “Changes” released in Sudan.
- Marya’s breakthrough single “Chokoza” in 2010.
- Boomba Boyz’s 2014 single “Piga Kengele”.
- Ommy Dimpoz’s “Hello Baby” in 2015.
- Rabbit-Kaka Sungura’s “Ninaweza” in 2015.
- A.Y’s “No Stress” in 2015.
Avril Nyambura Education background
From 2001 – 2005 Avril Nyambura attended St. Joseph’s Girls Nsambya in Uganda for her High School Education.
In 2006 she joined the University of Nairobi for her undergraduate Degree in Art and Design, Graphics and Product design and graduated in 2009.
Avril Nyambura Music and Acting Career
In 2005, Avril Nyambura took part in the Jaza Lorry initiative and met talent manager Emmanuel Banda of Ogopa Deejays Production.
Although Banda tried convincing her to venture into music, Avril remained hesitant at the time. During her second year at UoN, she changed her mind about music and recorded her first single (“Mama”) after signing a record deal with Ogopa DJ’s.which was released in 2009 and sent to Rodia station. She was also featured on Colonel Mustapha’s “Mtaani dot com” which was released and uploaded on youtube.
Avril began to gain prominence following her collaboration with A.Y on his 2010 single “Leo Remix”.That same year she did a collaboration with Marya’s single “Chokoza”.
Avril made her acting debut in the second season of the television soap opera, Shuga. She played the character Miss B’Have, a celebrity singer who is a firm believer in monogamous relationships.
on 2012 she did her first single “Kitu Kimoja”, in In March 2014 Avril was featured on the chorus of Boomba Boy'”Piga Kengele”.
She also played Belinda, a minor character. She was offered the roles after auditioning for the producers of the show.
On 2012, Avril Nyambura said that playing both characters was therapeutic. She also said that starring in the series was an emotional roll-coaster due to the feelings she developed for her co-star Nick Mutuma. Moreover, she said that starring in the series reminded her about the dangers of HIV/AIDS.
Avril Nyambura films she has featured
Avril Nyambura featured in the Behind The Veil and The Checklist produced by Spiel Works Media
Avril Nyambura television programs she has featured
- In 2012, Avril Nyambura played the role of Atiah in Mali”
- In 2013, she played the role of Miss B’Have and Belinda in the program Shuga season 2
- From 2013 – present she acted as Eva in program Sumu La Penzi
- In 2014 she acted as Corrine in program Noose of Gold
- From 2015 – present she acted as Karen in program Skandols Kibao
- She appeared as a guest role in varshita in 2017, in that same acted Auntie Boss for only
Avril Nyambura Awards and nominations
- In 2010 Avril Nyambura was nominated for the Channel O Music Video Awards in the Category of Most Gifted East Video for her song “Mama”.
- In 2010 she was nominated for the Museke Online Africa Music Awards in the Category of Best African Collaboration for her “Leo Remix” with AY.
- In 2010 she won the Nzumari Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist.
- In 2011 she won the Chaguo La Teeniez Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist.
- In 2011 she won the Golden Mic Awards in the Category of Most Promising Artist.
- In 2011 she won the Teen Choice Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist.
- In 2011 she was nominated for the Pearl of Africa Music Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist.
- In 2011 she was nominated for the Nzumari Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist.
- In 2012 she won the Kisima Music Awards in the Category of Best Boomba Artist.
- In 2012 she won the Chaguo La Teeniez Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist.
- In 2015 she won the Pulse Music Video Awards in the Category of Best Female Artist of the Year.
Avril Nyambura Dad passes on
In March 2016, Avril Nyambura’s father passed on at home after suffering a heart attack. Avril thanked friends and fans for being with her in a difficult time. “Thank you for the heartfelt messages. I really appreciate. For everyone who kept him in their prayers when he was ill asanteni. We loved him but God loved him more. Thank you so much everyone”, she said.
Avril Nyambura Boyfriend
Avril Nyambura had a South African boyfriend called Tinashe Leslie Mugadza, famously called Muga. They broke up following the realization that She, A Kenyan Kikuyu and Muga, a South African Zulu had a cultural difference that they both could not solve.
They parted ways in the advent of Valentine’s Day in 2016.
Avril Nyambura Kid
On 15 April 2018 Avil welcomed her firstborn a baby girl.
Avril Nyambura Music Video
Avril Nyambura Contacts
Twitter handle: @AvrilKenya
Twitter site: https://twitter.com/AvrilKenya