KASNEB Registration 2018 Form, Dates, Deadline, Account Number, interactive Website www.kasneb.or.ke, Offices, Contacts, Working Hours, address, Location
The KASNEB Registration 2018 process for the May/June Examinations ended on 30th November 2017 but there is an allowance of one month until 30th December in Kenya. This attracts a 50% additional charge on the normal registration fee.
The KASNEB Registration 2018 for the November/December exams should be done by 31st May, 2018. Late registration will be allowed up to 30th June, 2018, but an additional KASNEB exam fees charge of 50% for late registration will be applied.
To access the KASNEB Registration 2018 application forms follow this link HERE.
KASNEB stands for Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board.
KASNEB was established by the Government of Kenya on 24 July 1969. The Accountants Act, Cap 531 of the Laws of Kenya, which was enacted in July 1977, gave KASNEB retroactive recognition since its inception in 1969.
The Accountants Act, Cap 531 of the Laws of Kenya was repealed and replaced with the Accountants Act, No. 15 of 2008 which took effect from 30 December 2008. The Accountants Act, No. 15 of 2008 is buttressed by the Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya Act, Cap 534, which reaffirms KASNEB as the examining body for the Certified Secretaries (CS) profession.
The mandate of the Board is the development of syllabuses, conduct of professional, diploma and technician examinations and certification of candidates in finance, accountancy, governance, management, information technology among other related disciplines; the promotion of its qualifications nationally and internationally and the accreditation of relevant training institutions.
KASNEB Online Registration and Application Requirements
A person seeking to be registered as a student for any of the diploma examinations must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
(a) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with a mean grade C- or equivalent qualifications.
A person seeking to be registered as a student for any of the professional examinations must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with an aggregate average of at least grade C+ (C plus) provided the applicant has obtained a minimum of grade C+ (C plus) in both English and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications.
- Kenya Advanced Certificate Education (KACE) with at least TWO principal passes provided that the applicant has credits in Mathematics and English at Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) level of equivalent qualifications.
- KASNEB technician or professional examination certificate.
- A degree from a recognized university.
- Such other certificates or diplomas as may be approved by KASNEB.
KASNEB Registration Dates / Deadline
Applicants intending to take the June examination must be registered not later than 30 November of the previous year, while those intending to take the December examination must register as students not later than the preceding 31 May.
Late registration may be accepted up to 15 February for the May / June sitting and 15 August for the November / December sitting after the normal closing date on payment of late registration fee, which is an additional 50% of the normal registration fee.
Syllabuses are provided to applicants upon registration as students of KASNEB.
KASNEB Registration Form
Students can download the application form from this link HERE. Click on the student resources tab to access the forms to Download. Select the form labeled ‘Registration Form’
After filling the form hand it over to our staff at the following Huduma Centres;
- Nairobi GPO,
- Nairobi Kibera,
- Nairobi Makadara,
- Nyeri and
However, students may obtain the relevant forms and other information from the KASNEB website and offices, training institutions offering KASNEB courses and Kenya National Library Service branches countrywide.
KASNEB Student Account Number
After filling and submitting the application form, our staff will review your application and if you are successful, you will be issued with a Student Account Number which you will now use to open a Student account portal. The portal will be found on the home page of the boards official website
How to create KASNEB Student Account Portal / interactive
- Click on the student login link above then choose the student icon or proceed to click the student icon if you use the direct link (http://online.kasneb.or.ke ) to the student portal.
- Click on create account and select whether you have Student Registration Number or not and proceed to provide names, preferred email address and a strong password (which will be used for future access to self information) and click save.
- Provide the email address and password used when creating the account and click unlock to login in.
- Select the “Registration Details” tab.
- Access the “Course Choice” tab.
- Select the examination from the dropdown box, click on the “Yes” checkbox and provide the registration number without the prefix (e.g. if your registration number is NAC/68148, provide 68148 as the registration number) and click save.
KASNEB Towers, Off Hospital Road
(Near Kenyatta National Hospital, next to Real Insurance)
P.O. Box 41362 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 020 2712640, 020 2712828
ISDN: 020 4923000
Mobile: 0722201214, 0774201214, 0780201214, 0734600624, 0792000638, 0792002351
Bus Numbers: 7C – All buses that go to Kenyatta National Hospital
KASNEB Working Hours
Weekdays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Except for public holidays