KUCCPS Application, Online Registration, Login, Student Login Portal
January 6, 2017 – KUCCPS is pleased to announce that the KUCCPS Application for 2017/2018 placement cycle has commenced and is currently only receiving applications from only the 2016 KCSE candidates. These applications will be received through their respective schools/ centres. The school application will end on January 15, 2017.
Thereafter, an announcement on revision of degree and diploma course choices by the individual candidates will be made at an appropriate time through the media and the Placement Service website.
KUCCPS Application portal is http://students.kuccps.net
KUCCPS Application, Registration online
To know the procedure for KUCCPS Login Online application and Registration of degree and Diploma Courses Kindly follow this link KUCCPS Login – Application
KUCCPS Application and Registration for Degree and Diploma Courses 2016 / 2017 Online
KUCCPS Application Online Requirements
- KCSE Index No,
- KCPE Index No,
- Birth Certificate Number and in addition,
- Enough money in your Mpesa to pay for revision.
You will be charged a sum of Ksh. 1,000 if you had applied in School and Ksh. 1,500 if you had not applied in school.
Procedure for KUCCPS Registration Online of Programmes Choices
First, visit the KUCCPS registration page and click on Applications/Revision.
Input your index number in the top most tabs followed by the year you sat for KCSE examination then use your birth certificate number according to the information given to KNEC.
If you did not provide your birth certificate number during KUCCPS Registration then you should use your KCPE index number as the password.
STEP 3: ACCESSING 2016/2017 AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES
After logging in to the KUCCPS Student Portal, Click on COURSES/PROGRAMMES.
For you to access a particular programme click on the group within which the programme falls in e.g. if it is Engineering click on it.
Click on the particular programme that you want to pursue i.e. if it is Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering), click on it.
Step 4: KUCCPS APPLICATION: APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT, KUCCPS Mpesa Paybill number
a) Pay the required amount through your mobile phone by Mpesa following the instructions below:
- Go to M-PESA on your phone.
- Select Pay Bill option.
- Enter Business no. 820201.
- Enter KCSE Examination year followed by 11 Digit INDEX NO e.g.201401234567891 as your account number.
- Enter the Amount.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
b) A payment confirmation message will be sent to you from Mpesa. On receipt of the confirmation, continue with the application process. Keep the Mpesa message since you will require the Mpesa transaction ID to confirm the changes made.
Log out when you have finalized with KUCCPS application. This will keep your KUCCPS Registration information safe.
KUCCPS Application – Applicant Choices
- Applicants with an overall grade of C+ and above will be allowed to make a maximum of 8 choices of both degree and diploma programmes
- Applicants with an overall grade of C- and above but below C+ will be allowed to make a maximum of 6 choices from diploma programmes.
- Choices 1(a), 1(b) and 1(c) must be similar programmes while Choices 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 can be any other programmes for both degree and diploma programmes
KUCCPS Application Affirmative Action Admission Criteria
KUCCPS Application for Gender Affirmative
- Lowering by up to 2 points on the overall cut-off point for degree programmes for female applicants
- Lowering the specific programme cut-off points by up to 2 points subject to attaining of a representation of a third for either gender and not exceeding the declared capacity of the programme by more than 10%.
KUCCPS Application for Minority and Marginalized Groups Affirmative
- The minority and marginalized groups are as contained in the Commission for Revenue Allocation (CRA) policy for identifying marginalized areas
- Lowering the specific programme cut-off points by up to 2 points subject to attaining 10% representation
KUCCPS Registration for Applicants with Disabilities
An application form to be completed by applicants with disabilities will be provided as a download on the KUCCPS website and must be certified by:
- The head of the school
- A registered medical practitioner
- The National Council for Persons With Disabilities (NCPWD)
These application forms will be considered by the KUCCPS Board. The affirmative action will be by:
- Placing all degree applicants with overall grade of C+ and above and have visual or hearing impairment subject to meeting the minimum admission requirements for their degree choices.
- Lowering by 3 points below the overall cut-off point for degree programmes for applicants with physical impairment subject to meeting the minimum admission requirements for their degree choices.